History

 
 

 
 

 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne)

 
 

 

Original Linage WW II 1st SSF "The Devil's Brigade"

 

10th Special Forces Group (Airborne)

1st Special Forces 

 

was activated 

11 June 1952 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina

Col. Aaron Bank was the First Commander 

 

16 September 1953

  Forward Based  

to 

Flint Kaserne,

Bad Tolz,

Germany

Entrance

Flint Kaserne

Bad Tolz

Germany

 

 

 (Personnel remaining at Fort Bragg became the 77th Special Forces Group (Airborne)

 

 Relocated 

Panzer Kaserne

near 

Stuttgart

Germany

 

 

 

The 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) 

was the first for Special Forces Coins, established by: 

COL Vernon E. Greene, 10th SFGA Commander in 1969. 

The original having a Trojan Horse on the front 

It was used as a fund raiser to help purchase a 

German Wood Carved Special Forces Trooper 

that was in it's glass home with 

special temp and humidity controls.

The 10th Special Forces Group  is  assigned to Fort Carson, Colorado. 

It is assigned to the U.S. Army's Special Operations Command located at Fort Bragg, N.C. 

 

The group trains for and conducts combat, unconventional warfare, special reconnaissance, and foreign internal defense missions. 

It consist of a group headquarters and support units and three subordinate battalions. 

 

The 1st Battalion, is forward deployed at Panzer Kaserne, near Stuttgart, Germany. 

 

Over 1,100 soldiers are assigned to the 10th Special Forces Group at Fort Carson. 

 

Major subordinate elements of the 10th Special Forces Group include: 

  Headquarters and Headquarters Company

Group Support Company

2nd Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group

3rd Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group

 

Return To Index